Details about this opportunity:
Dear Community Members— You still have two weeks to complete an application for funding from the Dan Thompson Account. This is a very exciting opportunity for the community to spend $55 million, which came from state and federal funding. The goal is to help people with developmental disabilities in Washington State have better access to community-based supports and services. Here are some important things we want you to know:
- The application deadline is Friday, October 8th.
- You can submit a written application or you can send an audio/video recording. If you prefer to use another format, please just let us know!
- The application can be found on this webpage and is available in writing and audio recordings in six languages (English, Chinese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese). Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and other resources are also available on this page.
- If you have any questions or need any support, please contact Jeremy Norden-Paul: or 360-586-3558.
- It does not matter how big or small your organization is, or how much experience you have with grants—we want to hear your ideas!
- You do not need to be a professional grant writer to complete the application. We are not judging applications based on how long they are, or whether the writing is grammatically perfect. The most important thing is how your idea is going to help people with developmental disabilities.
- The application is simple, broad, and flexible because that is how we designed it. We really want to hear your ideas and do not want to turn you away by giving you a long, complicated application to complete.
We are very excited to hear your ideas!
Jeremy Norden-Paul / Executive Director / Pronouns: He, Him, His
Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council
Physical address: 2600 Martin Way East, Suite F, Olympia, WA 98506
Mailing address: P.O. Box 48314, Olympia, WA 98504
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateDDCouncil/